Skip to main content

Christmas Cards and double sided sticky tape.


Christmas Card Making

Well we made our own Christmas Cards this year, luckily we managed to pick up some bargains in a shop that was closing down, and as usually happens we have supplies left over. We had a number of glitters, I would recommend Moss Green as it gave a greater depth than just a plain silver which also looked a little dark. Although making about 50 cards we had about half of each bottle left, so we needed somewhere to store all those. Also there was some metallic card that we had left over that I am using a planning tube to store since it seems the best thing.

Have to hunt out a box for the glitters though and the double sided tape, I picked up an Art Bin catalogue recently and they have some nice items.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legolas Greenleaf

Well got some of the first figures in from Ebay for the LOTR strategy battle game. They are a mixed bag and I am always amazed at how badly painted and prepared most of the figures are. It is as if no one has ever seen White Dwarf or the Games Workshop website and haven't a clue. Learn how to use a brush. The most overused and innacurate statement on Ebay for Games Workshop figures is Pro Painted! Anyway this is the first example, I am going to tackle, our little pointed ear friend Legolas Greenleaf, prince of Mirkwood and son to Tharanduil. He appears to have green hair in the figure that I have got, so much work to be done to turn him into a decent figure again. I got the whole Fellowship on their presentation stand as one of my first purchases and I will go through the reasons for which models I got in a future post.

Dark Elves Spearmen and Repeater Crossbows

Some shots of my Dark Elf force, this army has been reasonably successful, and this is with it using a Black Dragon as a mount for the Dark Elf General. Depsite putting mega pts into this arrangement it seems to work. The army colours use an antique gold for the helments and extra metal fittings with a purple for cloth. Also have leather details in a creamy leather for that flayed looked. The Dark Elves Spearmen unit uses a mix of figures, there are some older metal figures in there for most of the spearmen, the champion and the musician, whilst there are also a few of the newer plastic figures. I also used a mix of shield designs, some hand painted and some with plastic skulls, but all using the skull motif. The Repeater Crossbow Dark Elves also use a mix of metal and plastic figures, tied together with the same colour scheme. The unit has no standard but does have a musician.

Coby Digital Photo Frames

Added details on Coby digital photo frames and Parrott digital picture frames to another site I run which has details on digital photo frames. I have found them a great way to view my digital photos which otherwise just get stuck on your computer. But it is hard to find information on them so you can look at www.digitalphoto-frames.co.uk for information about these and other manufacturers of digital frames such as Philips, Kodak and Cibox.